While I'm unsure about the origins of the Miami Vice, I know it's part Strawberry Daiquiri and part Pina Colada, both of which contain rum, and all delicious.
Enjoy one today, if you're over 21 of course, to recognize National Rum Day and to help keep you cool in this heat.
Personally, I'd recommend going to Austin's Cabana Cafe in Litchfield and ordering one. You just can't beat the views there, and they make the drink so well! All you have to do is sit back, relax, sip and enjoy. No clean up required.
However, you can make them at home too!
If you want to make this drink from scratch, Liquor has an awesome recipe, but if you'd like to cheat, like me, use the premade mixes.
- Strawberry Daiquiri mix (and ingredients detailed on bottle)
- Pina Colada mix (and ingredients detailed on bottle)
- Fix one of the mixes as instructed on the bottle.
- Pour into glass.
- Fix the other mix as instructed on the bottle.
- Pour into glass, creating layers.
- Top off with a straw, and enjoy!